Do you know that when you connect your email client to your mail server, the username and password that you use to login can be stolen and used by hackers? Or even your messages can be read and modified before they reach their destination? Using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) provides a level of security and privacy to conduct secure transactions over the Internet. SSL creates a secure encrypted connection between your email client application and your mail server.
Arvixe supports SSL for their Webmail, POP, IMAP and SMTP servers. You can use either the shared ssl provided by arvixe or the private ssl. If you are using private SSL, you must first have SSL installed on your server in order to access your e-mail via SSL. Once SSL is installed, you will need to configure your own e-mail program to connect to your mail Server via SSL.
To configure your email client first make sure that you have logged into the control panel and have setup an e-mail account under the link “Email Accounts”. Then, please enter the following information into your mail program to gain access to your e-mail account.
- Incoming mail server (POP3/IMAP server): mail.yourdomain.com. (Note: use servername.arvixe.com if you are using SSL connection)
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP server): mail.yourdomain.com. (Note: use servername.arvixe.com if you are using SSL connection)
- Username: the full e-mail address. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org(setup this in the control panel )
- Password: Assigned in cPanel -> Email -> Manage/Add/Remove Accounts.
- To use SSL, please use the following ports – POP: 995, IMAP: 993, SMTP: 465
This information is located in the initial setup email that you received.
Read instructions here for two popular e-mail clients:
- How to configure Outlook Express Email Client Software
- How to configure MS outlook Email Client
- How to configure Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client