Before you recklessly pick web hosts only to find out that these hosting providers do not support WordPress nor meets the requirements to run it, let’s see how the best WordPress hosting providers around does that in just a few simple steps. But first, let’s see what are the requirements for a hosting provider to run WordPress.
- PHP version 5.2.4 or higher.
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater.
Apache or Nginx is the most robust and feature rich server for running WordPress but any server that has supports PHP and MySQL will be enough. If unsure, you can ask if your host supports WordPress, here is a letter you can send to them(copy and paste):
I’m interested in running the open-source WordPress <http://wordpress.org/> blogging software and I was wondering if my account supported the following: PHP 5.2.4 or greater MySQL 5.0 or greater The mod_rewrite Apache module Thanks!
For hassle-free WordPress hosting, I recommend you use the best WordPress hosting around because they all offer easy ways to install or transfer your blog/website from your current host to one of the best WordPress hosts.
How To Setup WordPress in #bluehost
Bluehost is the recommended web hosting of WordPress. It is probably the best WordPress hosting because of its wordpress optimized server and WordPress update are made available within 24 hours. Meet above server requirements and completely adhere to all wordpress hosting system requirements.
- Go to cPanel >Scroll down till you see WordPress icon >> Click on WordPress.
- Click Install Now button.
- On the next screen, enter all the necessary information
- Select the domain name you want it to be installed
- You can set up sub folder as a blog or leave it blank for its default settings.
- Fill in the forms required and then uncheck Generate me an Administrator Login, located in Advanced Configuration so that you have the freedom to choose your own username and password.
- Enter your own username and password and remember that it must be different from your cPanel login information.
- Carefully read the license and service agreements and check the box once done.
- Then click the Complete button
Visit BlueHost.com now
How To Setup WordPress in iPage
WordPress is available on all iPageHosting accounts, they offer 1-click easy install for WordPress accounts so let’s see how this goes. This guide is assumed that you already have your iPage account, if not please register first.
- The iPage cPanel
1. Login to your iPage control panel. 2. Go to Scripting and Add-Ons tab and click InstallCentral 3. Click on the Blogs tab and select WordPress. 4. Click on Begin Installation 5. Fill in the supplied fields. 6. Click Install Now once done, after that Wordpess is installed in your iPage.
- Meet above server requirements and completely adhere to all wordpress hosting system requirements
How To Setup WordPress in DreamHost
Dreamhost is a shared and dedicated hosting network that has Apache, nginx, and lighttpd with servers running in Debian operating system. It also has one-click install so you only need to click one button to set up WordPress.
1. Go to Goodies section and click One Click Install. 2. Fill in the WordPress Install Form. 3. Then click Install it for me now.
And that’s it, done in just 3 easy steps.
Convinced now? Then sign up for any of the following best web hosting companies optimized for WordPress: